Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie follows the story of Adam Melzer and his two (misfit) friends, Corina and Nesto. It’s an exciting, yet very humorous and witty, adventure that is sure to capture the attention of even the most tech-obsessed kid. And as a bonus, old people will love reading this coming of age (zombie) tale too!
So What’s This Book About?
Adam Meltzer, the main character and neurotic zom-boy, is just your average middle school (kinda) weird kid who, after being stung by a robot zombee (bzzzz!), finds himself, well, uhm…..Hashtag, #Awkward.
I’ll let “Adam” explain it to you.
Why Your Kids Will Love It
- First and foremost, Neurotic Zombie is a really fun book to read. Your kids, especially boys who often find it difficult to find books they enjoy reading, will rapidly embrace the story and will readily swipe to the next page to see what happens to Adam, Corina and Nesto.
- Jeff does a fantastic job creating characters that kids will want to know more about. Adam, and his weird kid posse, are characters that are really likable. Young readers will quickly develop a bond with with these characters and feel invested in the outcome of the story.
‘Look at us…we’re all monsters. And if we can’t rely on each other, then what’s the point? We’re different from everyone else; we’ve got to stick together.’ — Adam Meltzer
- As an author, Jeff has mastered the Pixar and DreamWorks skill of developing kids entertainment content that both kids and adults will love.
- His witty use of wordplay, smart humor and double entendres will make kids laugh. And adults will especially enjoy the delightful chapter end notes — which I promise, will make you literally, LOL.
“We may be undead, mutated or have unresolved eating issues, but we’re unique and we’re together.”
- The series is perfectly situated to be the next big thing: It’s no secret that streaming media outlets are on the hunt for kid friendly content and Neurotic Zombie is ripe to be a snapped up by studios at Netflix, Amazon, Apple, HBO or the Disney Channel. Heck, this would be a great movie on the big screen!
- So why not jump on the Adam Melter bandwagon now, so you can brag about it later on Twitter? #TeamZombee
- Like me, you’ll find yourself really caring about these characters, and wondering “How Can I Help Adam?” You’ll also find yourself thinking about Adam when you forget to refill the rinse aid in the dishwasher! (Read the book — it’s an Adam thing!
Get the Book on Amazon!
If your kids are fans of Hotel Transylvania 2, they will LOVE Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie. In fact, use their love of the movie as a gateway to get them interested in reading!
So, go grab a copy of the book, throw in some Pop Rocks (what else would a vegan vampire eat?!), Purell (Adam’s right — -GERMS people!) and Febreze (sorry, Nesto!) and immerse your kids in the snarky, fun and slightly creepy world of Adam, Nesta and Corina — -trust me, it’s chupra-rrific!
Connect with Author Jeff Norton
Jeff Norton is a London based writer-producer, author of the award-winning ‘MetaWars’ series from Orchard Books and the new ‘Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie’ series from Faber.
Additional Book Information & Lexile Score
Publisher: Faber & Faber
Category: Myths & Legends > Zombies
Lexile Score: N/A